What is Marketing SaaS B2B?
It can be defined as the process of acquiring customers for subscription-based software products. SaaS applications are usually delivered via the internet, meaning businesses pay a recurring fee to use the software. Digital Marketing for B2b SaaS has become very popular in recent years, due to the increase in SaaS products available.
SaaS VS other models
SaaS marketing is very different than the common B2C (business to consumer) or even the B2B (business to business) model because you have to market products that will be used by other businesses, who in turn will use it to make their own products or services better in a subscription model. Customers can use the services without downloading software on their mobile or computer.
Challenges with B2b SaaS marketing
There are a few challenges that come along with B2B SaaS marketing. The first is that you need to be able to generate leads who are not just interested in your product, but who also see the value in using it for their own business. But the most common challenge is to overcome the main 3 problems: Generate traffic, convert traffic to users and secure the conversion.
The 3 main problems to solve in B2B SaaS Marketing
Marketing teams are always looking for that one silver bullet to help them close more deals and increase customer lifetime value. The problem is, that there’s no such thing as a silver bullet in SaaS marketing. However, there are certain problems that, if solved, can make a big impact on your SaaS marketing efforts.
The three main problems to solve are:
1) Generate traffic
SaaS has a long sales cycle, The decision to purchase the product, whether for personal use or for a company, takes time. In the case of a company, it is known that there are many departments, where each one has its boss and their approval is needed, it will take a couple of weeks, months or years.
To cope with that sales cycle you should generate traffic that matches the sales cycle. cold traffic for people that do not know you, warm traffic looking for people who know your solution, and hot traffic, to convince people that are ready to buy.
Let’s examine each of them:
Cold traffic: You need to generate enough leads to keep your sales pipeline full, but you also need to be generating high-quality leads that are likely to convert. This can be done through various channels, such as content marketing, search engine optimization, or paid advertising. Once you have generated enough traffic, it’s time to start converting that traffic into leads.
Warm traffic: You need to convert them into customers. This can be a challenge, as SaaS products are often complex and require a certain amount of education to sell. You need to create compelling content that speaks to your target audience’s needs, and you should make sure that your sales team is following up in a timely manner.
Hot traffic: Even if you’ve done a great job of generating and converting leads, there’s always the chance that they’ll drop out of your sales pipeline. To combat this, you need to have a system in place to keep your customers engaged. This could include creating a loyalty program, offering customer support, or providing ongoing education about your product.
Types of marketing channels to use in your project to generate traffic
Inbound marketing: It is a customer acquisition strategy that involves creating and distributing content that draws people to your SaaS product. The goal of inbound marketing is to attract strangers and turn them into website visitors, leads, and eventually customers.
Marketing SaaS: Content is all about creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience
Social media marketing: Social media marketing for SaaS helps you connect with potential customers and create relationships that can lead to conversions.
- SEO: This is the process of optimizing your website and content to rank higher in search engine results pages and drive organic traffic to your SaaS product. SEO does not require as much investment as results based on advertising, so the cost is lower. However, it takes time to create successful campaigns. Marketing SaaS B2B must create keyword strategies that focus on the problems that buyers need and want to solve.
- LinkedIn: This social media connects professional people and potential customers in roles or at companies. It is useful as a marketing tool. SaaS companies that have a LinkedIn Company Page can optimize it for lead generation by adding Calls-To-Action to the page, they can encourage their target market to visit their website or sign up for a free trial. LinkedIn Ads has different campaign objectives, one of which is to generate leads, this social media allows businesses to target their ads by company size, job title, seniority, and more
- Email marketing: is one of the most effective Bb SaaS marketing strategies. By sending out a regular newsletter, you can stay top of mind with your audience and nurture them until they’re ready to buy.
Outbound marketing: The primary objective of outbound marketing is to generate leads or customers for subscription-based software products. Its approach involves actively reaching out to potential customers through activities such as cold calling, email blasts, or LinkedIn Inmail. While outbound marketing SaaS b2b can be effective in generating leads, it can be very time-consuming and expensive.
2) Convert traffic
Once you have the traffic coming to your site, you need to convert that traffic into leads. There are a number of ways to do this, but the most common is through lead capture forms, in which visitors can fill out to request more information about your product or service on the site. These forms usually ask for basic contact information, such as name, email address, and phone number. The key to converting traffic into leads is to make the lead capture form easy to find and easy to fill out.
Optimize landing pages:
Any marketing SaaS B2B campaign must be able to generate a trial, or at the very least, sign-ups for a free version of the software. To get people to sign up for your SaaS product, you’ll need an effective landing page. Your strategy should include optimizing to conversion rate as high as possible.
Here are some tips on how to optimize your SaaS landing page:
- Use a clear and concise headline that accurately reflects what your SaaS product does.
- Include a subheadline that elaborates on what the user will get by signing up for your product.
- Use compelling imagery that illustrates what your SaaS product does.
- Use testimonials from satisfied customers to build trust.
- Include a strong call-to-action that encourages the user to sign up for your product.
- Make it easy for the user to sign up by including a form that only asks for the essential information.
3) Securing the conversion
This is where many B2B SaaS companies struggle the most, just because someone fills out a form doesn’t mean they’re going to become a customer. In order to secure the conversion, a goog marketing SaaS B2B strategy needs to have a strong sales process in place. This is where you need to focus on building relationships and trust. Your goal should be to make the potential customer feel comfortable doing business with you.
The benefits of having a fast lead response time
- You have a better chance of converting leads into customers because you’re able to contact them quickly and build that relationship.
- It shows that you’re responsive and care about your leads.
- You’re able to address any concerns or questions that the lead may have before they move on to another company
Leads are essential for any SaaS company so it’s important to have a fast lead response time in order to convert them into customers.
Why is it important to connect the CRM with the SaaS software?
Most SaaS applications will have some form of CRM (customer relationship management) system integrated into them. This is so that the company can keep track of its customer’s data and interactions with the software. The CRM will also usually have a way to segment customers based on their usage or subscription level. All this is important because it allows companies to target their marketing efforts at specific customers.
Follow your leads
When a new lead signs up for your software, it’s important to follow up with them right away. You want to introduce yourself and your company, and give them a brief overview of what your software can do for them. It’s also a good chance to see if they have any questions or concerns that you can address. Once you’ve made contact with the lead, it’s important to stay in touch and keep them updated on new features or changes to your software. It’s also important to monitor leads closely so that you can identify when they’re no longer using your software. If this happens, reach out to them and see if there’s anything you can do to help them get back on track. Don’t execute a Marketing SaaS B2B strategy without a clear rule for follow-up leads.
B2b SaaS marketing agency
G2Rocket helps companies to improve their marketing SaaS B2B efforts, with two models: part-time CMO or marketing squads.
Part-time CMO: You get a part-time, senior-level marketing executive to help you with your SaaS marketing efforts, for a few hours per week or month.
Marketing SaaS squads: We put together a team of SaaS marketing experts who work on your behalf to execute campaigns and drive results.
If you’re interested in learning more about how we can help you with your bb SaaS marketing efforts, please reach out to us at email@example.com